Black-bottom Banana Cream Pie
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes (Total Time 4 Hour 30 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 6 tablespoons Butter Or Margarine, Divided
- 25 NILLA Wafers, Finely Crushed (about One & One Fourth Cups Crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 2 Large Banana, Sliced
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1-3/4 cups Cold Milk
- 1 cup Thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
MELT 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) of the butter; place in medium bowl. Add wafer crumbs and sugar; mix well. Remove 2 Tbsp. of the crumb mixture; set aside for later use. Press remaining crumb mixture firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate; set aside. MICROWAVE chocolate and remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until butter is melted; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Drizzle evenly onto bottom of crust; top with bananas. Set aside. PREPARE dry pudding mix with 1-3/4 cups cold milk as directed on package for pie; pour evenly over bananas. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Top with whipped topping just before serving; sprinkle with reserved 2 Tbsp. crumb mixture. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size It Up Enjoy a serving of this indulgent pie on occasion.
Great Substitute Prepare as directed, using COOL WHIP French Vanilla Whipped Topping.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS