Tracy's Make-ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes)
- Serving Size: 17
- 10 Medium White, Table Or Yukon Gold Potatoes, Peeled, Cubed
- 1/2 cup PHILADELPHIA Light Cream Cheese Spread (Half Of 8 Ounces Tub)
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat Or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream Or Plain Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- Salt And Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Cooked And Crumbled OSCAR MAYER Bacon
- 1 small Onion, Finely Chopped
PLACE potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water and bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook 10 to 15 min. or until potatoes are tender; drain. ADD cream cheese spread, sour cream and onion powder; beat with an electric hand mixer until creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into a lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to use.
REMOVE potatoes from refrigerator about 30 min. before baking. Remove plastic wrap. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon and onion.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Mix up this potato casserole up to 2 days before your holiday celebration. Just cover tightly before storing in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Use any savory flavor of PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread to season the potatoes. Or, roast fresh garlic and add to the potatoes for creamy garlic mashed potatoes.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS