Navy Bean And Smokey Sausage Soup
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 12
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Onions, Chopped
- 4 Medium Carrots, Peeled, Chopped
- 5 cups Loosely Packed Chopped Kale
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Bay Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary Or Half Teaspoon Dried Rosemary Leaves
- 1 pound Dried Navy Or Great Northern Beans, Soaked 8 To 10 Hours
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounce each) Chicken Broth
- 1 package (14 ounce) OSCAR MAYER Turkey Smoked Sausage, Cut In Half Lengthwise, Sliced
- 1/3 cup KRAFT 100 Percent Grated Parmesan Cheese
HEAT oil in large stock pot on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add carrots, kale and garlic; cook an additional 10 minutes or until kale is wilted, stirring occasionally. Add bay leaf and rosemary; stir.
ADD beans and 1-1/2 qt. (6 cups) water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 30 minutes or until beans are tender. Add chicken broth and smoked sausage; cook an additional 15 minutes.
SERVE topped with Parmesan cheese.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
How To Quick Soak the Dried Beans
Place rinsed beans in sauce pot with 8 to 10 cups cold water. Bring to boil; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 1 hour. Drain.
Cool any leftover soup. Place in airtight container and freeze up to 2 months. Thaw in refrigerator. Reheat just before serving.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS