Apple-pear Streusel Pie
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes (Total Time 1 Hours 20 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 10
- 3 cups Thinly Sliced Peeled Apples
- 3 cups Thinly Sliced Peeled Pears
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon MINUTE Tapioca
- 3/4 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Cold Butter Or Margarine, Cut Into Pieces
- 1/2 cup PLANTERS Walnut Pieces, Chopped
- 1/2 Pkg. (15 ounce) package Refrigerated Pie Crusts (1 Crust)
PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Toss apples and pears with 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, tapioca and cinnamon in large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes. Mix flour and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts; set aside.
PREPARE pie crust in 9-inch pie plate as directed on package. Fill with fruit mixture; top with crumb mixture.
BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly. Cool.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS