Spiced Apple-butternut Squash Soup
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 2 tablespoons Butter Or Margarine
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 6 cups Chopped Peeled Butternut Squash
- 2 medium Granny Smith Apples, Peeled, Chopped
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounce each) Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup PHILADELPHIA Honey Nut Flavor Cream Cheese Spread
MELT butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onions; cook 4 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in nutmeg; cook 1 min. Add squash, apples and broth; stir. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 50 min. or until squash and apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
COOL soup slightly. Add, in batches, to food processor or blender; cover. Process until smooth; return to saucepan. Cook on medium-low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
LADLE soup into eight serving bowls just before serving. Add 1 Tbsp. of the cream cheese spread to each bowl; stir gently to swirl.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Substitute chopped peeled pumpkin for the butternut squash.
Prepare as directed, but do not reheat the pureed squash mixture or top with the cream cheese spread as directed. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. When ready to serve, pour into saucepan and cook on medium-low heat until heated through, stirring frequently. Top with the cream cheese spread as directed.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS