Creamy Seaside Casserole
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total time: 40 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 1 package (12 ounce) VELVEETA Shells & Cheese Dinner
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped Red Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Butter Or Margarine, Divided
- 1 package (8 ounce) Imitation Crabmeat Flakes
- 1 cup Frozen Peas, Thawed, Drained
- 1/3 cup KRAFT Mayo Real Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Crushed POST TOASTIES Corn Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Salt
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Prepare Dinner as directed on package. Cook and stir onion and red pepper in 1 Tbsp. of the butter in small skillet on medium-high heat until tender. Add to prepared Dinner. Stir in crabmeat, peas and mayo. Spoon into 1-1/2-quart casserole dish; cover.
BAKE 15 minutes.
MELT remaining 2 Tbsp. butter. Stir in corn flake crumbs and onion salt; sprinkle over crabmeat mixture. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until top is golden brown and crabmeat mixture is heated through.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Serve with a mixed green salad and fresh fruit.
Prepare as directed, substituting 1 can (6 oz.) tuna or 1 can (7-1/2 oz.) salmon, drained and flaked, for the imitation crabmeat.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS