Chive & Onion Potato Leek Soup
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes (Total Time: 40 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Large Leeks (about 2 Pounds), Cut Into 1 To 4 Inches Thick Slices
- 4 Large Russet Potatoes, Peeled, Cubed (about 4 Cups)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounce each) Chicken Broth
- 2-3/4 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 container (8 ounce) PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Chives
HEAT oil in large stockpot or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add leeks; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes, broth, water and pepper; cover. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool 10 minutes.
PLACE leek mixture, in batches, in blender container; cover. Blend until pureed. Return to stockpot.
ADD cream cheese spread, a tablespoonful at a time, beating with wire whisk until well blended. Cook on medium heat until cream cheese is completely melted, stirring constantly. Add milk; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with chives just before serving.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size It Up
One cup of this smooth, creamy soup goes a long way on flavor.
To quickly clean your blender, fill the container half-full with hot water. Add a few drops of liquid dish soap, then cover. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Pour wash water out and rinse with fresh hot water.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS