- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time : 55 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 2-1/2 cups Water
- 1/3 cup MINUTE Tapioca
- 4 medium Apples, Peeled, Cut Into 1-inch Pieces
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 3 tablespoons Butter Or Margarine
- 1 teaspoon Grated Lemon Peel
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
MIX water and tapioca in medium bowl. Let stand 5 min.
MEANWHILE, mix remaining ingredients in large skillet. Bring to boil on medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 10 min. or just until apples are tender.
STIR in tapioca mixture. Bring to full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cool 20 min.; stir. Serve warm. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
The following apple varieties are suitable for cooking--Granny Smith, Winesap, Golden Delicious and Cortland.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS